Regular Decision Timeline
By December 1
- Review the academic requirements and guidelines through the Office of Undergraduate Admission.
- Review the audition/portfolio requirements for your program of study and submit your pre-screening, if required, in the application.
- Complete the Common Application. *please note that applicants to School of Music programs do not need to complete a SlideRoom Art Supplement.
- Complete the School of Music Online Application.
- The School of Music Online Application will ask all applicants for a music resume, repertoire list, and 500-word personal statement.
- Submit one letter of recommendation from a private teacher or conductor online through the School of Music application (this is separate from recommendations required by the Office of Undergraduate Admission). Music recommendation letters must be received by January 10.
- Live auditions/portfolio reviews will be held on campus, in Los Angeles, and in New York City. Audition Dates
- School of Music admission decisions released. Undergraduate applicants will receive an initial artistic decision from the School of Music, but the final decision will be sent from the Office of Undergraduate Admission by April 1.
- Undergraduate students must confirm enrollment.
*Please note that Early Decision is not available for music applicants.